Friday, November 16, 2007

Simpsons question of the day: In "Simpson Tide" (3G04), what does Bart want Homer to bring him back from the Naval Reserves? a) a torpedo, b) the finger of an enemy, c) a navel orange, d) a sea horse?

Maybe I should start putting up the answers to these questions. Possibly the day after? Yeah, that'd work pretty well. (Previous answers were Bart and Ned won't let Homer drink sea water and Marge felt like Princess Grave and Princess Di smashed together).

Fact of the day: It's Oklahoma's anniversary! On this day in 1907 they became the 46th state of the nation (meaning it had at least 60,000 people). In 1889 Pres. Ben Harrison put out the cattle call that as of April 22 at noon, anyone could stake a claim to the new "unassigned lands." Known as the Oklahoma land grab, people camped out along the borders and on the day of truth, they dashed in and stuck a flag down to call dibs. Dude, this was like Black Friday...but with muskets and old prospectors instead of charge cards and soccer moms. I think there should be a large group of people gathered together at some point that reenacts that April day...except instead of Oklahoma, it would be a Starbucks and instead of claiming land, we'd be claiming cafe tables...but we'd keep the old prospector aspect. It would be grand!

Birthdays: Lisa Bonet from the Cosby show, Bryan Abrams of Color Me Badd, Ian from Pittsburgh, Donald Wolf who apparently created computer games (I have no idea what games though! I have been searching for any inkling of what he created and I've got nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!), Diana Krall, and W.C. Handy (a.k.a. the father of the blues) was born on this day in 1873.

Other stuff that happened today in history: 1959 - "Sound of Music" opens on Broadway, 1979 - Paul McCartney releases "Wonderful Christmas", 1987 - Lisa Bonet marries Lenny Kravitz (getting married on your birthday would be a little weird), 2001 - Oh shit! Anthrax sent to Sen. Patrick Leahy! (I totally forgot about the anthrax thing!)

Comics that amused me this week:
"And now I gotta start thinking about Christmas presents? I've got DVDs from last Christmas still in the shrink wrap!"
"Rokie's already tired!"
"The magnitude of my contempt for you is so vast that it is taking on physical form."
"It's okay, Gerald Ford turned into ice cream."

Song of the moment (translated into Japanese and back into English): The back section of my money in me the back section of my money I think that we want the back section of my money, forget in order to give the T shirt where I am black in me or, and the female dog which has not been forgotten give me who am given. (previous songs were "Yesterday" by the Beatles for Wednesday and I can't remember the one for yesterday...any guesses?)

No comments: